My Thanksgiving was hectic, but delightful. The boys are home from college, so there's a lot of arm-punching and name calling going on, but that's normal. It warms the cockles of my heart to hear the philosophy major tell the politics/economics major he's a butthead who smells bad. Yes, this is why we scrimp and save to send them off to be educated and sophisticated men of the world.

The food was a quite tasty, if I do say so myself, and my recipes both old and new all worked out well. My best friend is in town and it was wonderful going to see "Pride and Prejudice" with someone who's not only a fellow Austen fan, but could snark and chuckle with me through all the tidbits most people (like my dear husband) just wouldn't get--questions about why so many of the men are running around without gloves, why Lady Catherine shows up in the middle of the night, and why the screenwriter seemed to be channeling Charlotte Bronte rather than Jane Austen?

So I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful too and you have lots of splendid leftovers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance