So today was an interesting research day. I was typing away at my Regency era WIP when suddenly the heroine refers to herself as being like Robin Hood. That set off the anachronism alarm bells in my head, but a quick side trip to the Beaumonde, the Regency chapter of RWA, confirmed that the Robin Hood legend was alive, and best of all, well known in Regency England.

Now I just need to get the damn song from the Richard Greene TV show out of my head. If you'd like to hear the theme song for your ownself, and I swear, Mel Brooks did not write these lyrics, go to this site and listen to it yourself.

And if you're old enough to remember watching this on TV, you're really getting on up there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance