Boskone '06

I'm having a great time here in Boston, visiting old friends, making new friends, and participating in some super panels. Yesterday's was on history and worldbuilding, a topic near and dear to my heart, and I met Naomi Novik. Her new novel, The King's Dragon, is getting some very good advance buzz and I'm anxious to read it.

Today I sat in on some SF Fandom panels, and one on electronic communities such as Blogger. Thursday night I went out for supper and drinks with my niece and some local celebrity chefs. If I ever write a contemporary, I could see having a chef hero. Some of them are the rock stars of the new decade, with groupies, television shows and huge fan bases. And can they cook! Good times, sped along by some excellent single malts and wine in one of Back Bay Boston's better establishments.

Tonight we've got a Space Cowboy Luau planned (Don't ask. really) and that will keep us busy for a few hours. Tomorow, more panels! And I'm even getting some editing done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!