There's a lady in our town who sends people newspaper clippings when there's an article about them in the local paper (yes, it's a small town). Now, this may not sound like a big deal, but the lady in question, Laura Carmichael, is over 100 years old. She's also still serving on the boards of various civic organizations, and is a big supporter of our public library.

I want to be like her when I grow up.

Anyway, Ms. Carmichael sent me a clipping from yesterday's Gainesville Sun of the tea drinking article and I was deeply touched. Not only because Laura had once again gotten out her scissors and sent me something I valued, but because I knew she'd been feeling poorly, and any time you hear about a 100 year old feeling poorly, you're going to be concerned.

So here's to you, Laura Carmichael! Long may you clip!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance