So Far, So Good

It's 11:30 a.m. and the rain just started again. It rained through the night, but when I woke this morning it had mostly stopped. I knew the storm hadn't even hit the coast yet and now the advance rain and wind has returned, but I'm optimistic based on the latest reports.

One of the first things I looked for this morning was whether there was water sitting on the ground, on top of the grass. That would have indicated the soil was so saturated it couldn't hold any more, an early sign to prepare for flooding. In past hurricanes I've seen the water rise up on the lawn, creeping over the patio and heading for the house, but so far, so good.

In a few minutes I'll break for lunch and turn on the Weather Channel to get the noon report and the latest on Alberto.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance