I spoke today to the University Women's Club and I was on fire. No false modesty here, I was snappy, I was organized, I was funny, and I sold through most of my stock of books. Not a bad day's work.

My talk was "Female Pirates: Good Girls Go To Heaven, But Bad Girls Go To Sea", and it was fun putting it together. This gives me a second presentation I can pull out when asked to speak, my other one being "19th C. Florida Pirates". I'll be doing that latter one in June at a branch library nearby. But today's talk was fun because getting to speak to a women's group about women pirates just seemed so right.

I'll be able to pull the notes out again in a few days at Boskone, when I join Jane Yolen for a panel on "Pirates in Petticoats". I'm already hearing from people who are saying they're planning on attending that session, so it should be lively.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!