One of two surviving copies of the 1812 broadside printing of the Defense of Fort M c Henry, a poem that later became the national anthem of the United States.Image via WikipediaI love the serendipitous moments that occasionally fall into your lap. Today I realized that if my WIP's current action is set around autumn 1814, I might be able to work in the burning of Washington and the battle of Fort McHenry. Sure enough, my dates coincided and suddenly I had a whole new scene referencing that action, and the writing of the Star Spangled Banner by Francis Scott Key.

These may be my favorite moments while I'm writing. When something "clicks" and a scene takes shape and everything makes sense once again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance