What I Did On My Summer Vacation--Chicon7

The World Science Fiction Convention (Chicon 7, Chicago, IL) is winding down for another year. I've been tapped for a couple of jobs next year at LoneStarCon 3, and I'm really looking forward to attending since I missed the last San Antonio Worldcon.

I had a good time at Chicon7, seeing old friends, making some new ones, and attending panels and program items. My own panel, "Beyond the First Two Pages" gave me some new ideas on how to stay on-task for my next novel, and how to make it better.  The other panelists were great about sharing their expertise and helping folks realize that finishing your book is far more vital than making sure you've got the best first two pages in publishing.

The Hugo Awards ceremony was standing-room only, and Toastmaster John Scalzi was an excellent choice. Entertaining, witty, capable--I suspect Mr. Scalzi will be asked to serve as Toastmaster again at future Worldcons.

We didn't see much of Chicago, though my husband did make it to a Cubs game. When we go to London for LonCon3, we'll be sure to take time to sightsee either before or after the convention, then if all goes well we'll be in Helsinki for Worldcon 2015.  When we say World Science Fiction Convention, we mean it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance