Review--Dark Currents


Dark Currents (Agent of Hel, #1)Dark Currents by Jacqueline Carey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I thought I was over any love for urban fantasy, but this novel brought me back. Carey's story set in a small town on Lake Michigan is reminiscent of the Sookie Stackhouse books, but incorporates a new pantheon of mythological beings, a nice change from the usual suspects.

A few of the lines made me laugh out loud, and I love that the vampires' hangout is nicknamed "Twilight Manor".

I'm looking forward to more of Daisy's adventures as agent of the Norse goddess Hel, and there were enough good-looking guys introduced in this book to ensure her future will be interesting for her and for paranormal romance readers.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!