Review--The Rosie Project

The Rosie ProjectThe Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Many of my friends had recommended this novel, and I'm glad they did. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Narrated by Don, a hero who's firmly on the Asperger's scale, knows it, and utilizes that knowledge to make his life work for him, has a project: he's going to get married, and to make it as scientific as possible (he's a highly regarded geneticist), he's going to survey potential mates about very specific likes, dislikes and habits.

It's science, so what could go wrong?

Enter Rosie.

Now, anyone who's seen Bringing Up Baby, or Ball of Fire or other classic screwball comedies knows exactly where this is going, and you're correct, and it's still a heck of a ride.

Sweet, thought provoking, very funny with some genuine LOL moments. I understand it's also been written as a screenplay, and I'd love to see this gem from Australia made into a movie.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance