Review--The Angel (Original Sinners, #2)

The Angel (The Original Sinners, #2)The Angel by Tiffany Reisz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another excellent, thoughtful erotic offering from Ms. Reisz. This follow-up to The Siren continues the adventures of erotica author Nora Sutherlin and her friends and lovers.

Nora's lover Soren is in line for a major promotion that could be derailed if his secret life as a BDSM Master comes to light. To protect him, Nora leaves for the country, and the companionship of trust fund baby Griffin and barely-legal sub Michael, her "angel".

Michael's troubled life brings him into Soren and Nora's circle, but it's Griffin who may hold the key to saving him. The characters in this story are wonderfully crafted (I love "Alfred" the butler! He gets the best lines!) and the story is fraught with tension. When I find myself staying up late to read erotica for plot rather than kink, I know I'm in the hands of a  mistress.

One nit-pick must be mentioned: I blame lazy copyediting, but a master/mistress "whales" on a sub's bottom, not "wails". I saw that error more than once, and it took me right out of the story. It's the curse of being an author who was a copy editor and journalist in a past life.

I've already added the next Original Sinners novel to my ereader and I look forward to discovering more of Ms. Reisz's work.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!