Review--The One in My Heart

The One In My HeartThe One In My Heart by Sherry Thomas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was an interesting change of pace for Thomas, who normally writes excellent Regency romance. There was a nod to her first novel as we follow one of the descendants of that romance into his own story.

This could have been subtitled "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous with Abandonment Issues", and the difficulty in relating to the overly accomplished, wealthy and beautiful H&H kept me from giving it five stars. Nonetheless, it handled the classic "fake relationship" trope well, and the characters' lives were interesting. The exploration of mental illness, particularly depression, also brought depth to the story.

There were enough intriguing secondary characters that we can hope for more contemporary romance from this accomplished author.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!