Review--Burning Bright (Peter Ash, #2)

Burning Bright (Peter Ash, #2)Burning Bright by Nicholas Petrie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Excellent suspense novel that kept me turning pages late into the night. Peter Ash has been compared to Jack Reacher, but I find him to be more like Stephen Hunter's Bob Lee Swagger--someone who's having real difficulty dealing with his personal demons and adjusting to civilian life. What I especially like about Ash is that he's growing and making progress in dealing with his PTSD. It's not all that defines him.

In this novel he meets a young woman who's up to his weight in terms of her ability to cope with adversity, and I especially like how much he deferred to her. She was in charge, and he went along with that, something she (and this reader) found refreshing.

I hope there are more Peter Ash stories in the works. It would be an autobuy for me.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance