Review--Sawbones

Sawbones (A Laura Elliston Novel)Sawbones by Melissa Lenhardt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I would have tagged it "'The Fugitive' meets 'Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman'" but what do I know? Regardless of how it's pitched, it's an exciting, fast paced read full of blood and gore, and even some romance.

Dr. Catherine Bennett is a surgeon in a man's world, forced to flee NYC when she's falsely accused of murder. She heads west hoping to reinvent herself and practice medicine far from people who know her, but ends up surviving an Indian attack only to be at risk of discovery by bounty hunters and people from her past.

There were a couple too many coincidences for me to be completely enamored of the story, but the action kept me turning pages and I look forward to reading the sequel.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!