“You ain’t from around here, I can tell that from how you talk.”
“No, ma’am, I’m from England.”
“Hmph. Only good thing that ever came from England was tea.”
Julia didn’t think it necessary to explain that tea came from China, for Ma Ivey was still talking.
--Smuggler's Bride

Today is #InternationalTeaDay and I'm celebrating at lunch with a pot of gunpowder green. Of course, that's what I do every day when I'm home for lunch. Tea drinking is as much a part of my daily routine as my love of coffee, with a pot of green in the afternoon and a cuppa black in the early evening.

I'm very particular about my tea drinking, which is why I almost never order it when I'm out. Unless it's brewed properly, loose-leaf in a warmed pot, I'd rather have coffee. I do take bagged tea when I'm traveling, but I also have a tea press if I have the opportunity to bring water to a near boil in my hotel room.

There's nothing quite like a soothing cup of tea in the middle of the afternoon. Even the ritual of making the tea helps me relax, gather my thoughts, and get back into whatever I'm working on that day. So if you're a fan, whether it's Jasmine Pearl or English Breakfast or Assam or even Rooibos, today's your day! Take a tea break and enjoy life one sip at a time.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance