Review: Wicked and the Wallflower

Wicked and the Wallflower Wicked and the Wallflower by Sarah MacLean
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This first installment in the Bareknuckle Bastards series shows wonderful possibilities regarding characters we were introduced to in The Day of the Duchess. There were fabulous bits of dialogue, a really interesting heroine and a very dangerous hero. In addition, I like revenge stories and the smuggling plot device was excellent. I love historical tidbits worked into a story without too much exposition.

This book is for romance fans who enjoy quality writing and intriguing heroines. I'm looking forward to the next story in the series, as all the introduced characters show great promise.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance