Made it home from Boston, but it was a near thing. Went out to lunch yesterday with the college boy, and while we had a really delightful lunch at a Malaysian eatery on Mass Ave., I didn't realize he'd never driven to the airport from downtown. Took him a bit to find the right route, and I made it through the gates only by walking at a pretty fast clip. Thank goodness I'd had the sense to wear the comfortable boots!

However, the flight into Memphis was late, and I had to run to get to the other terminal where the flight to Gainesville was. I went skidding up to the counter with my boarding pass, and threw myself on the mercy of the crew, telling them if I didn't take 2 minutes to run to the loo there was going to be an unfortunate incident during the flight.

"There's a restroom on the plane," one youngster said.
"Yes, but it will be at least 20 minutes before we're in the air and I can use that!" I whined.

So they held the gate for me for a couple more minutes and all was good. Whew!

The panels I moderated went well, if I do say so myself. Jim Macdonald told a wonderful story about the USN and pirates based on his adventures with the navy a few years back (he was a naval officer, not a pirate). I got to meet some delightful writers. In addition to Jim Macdonald and Naomi Novik the panels included Beth Bernobich, Sarah Monette, Steven Popkes, Leigh Grossman and Debra Doyle, and I was a complete fangirl with Wen Spencer, but she graciously signed my copy of A Brother's Price .

Next year Boskone will have a nautical theme and will be down at the harbor, so I've already bought my membership for 2007. See you there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance