Gainesville Magazine dropped by to interview me for a piece they're doing on fans of Patrick O'Brian. It's for their October issue, and I'm looking forward to seeing the entire article. We talked about O'Brian's writing, how he captures that "sense of place" so well, and how, in my opinion, one of the reasons women are such fans of the novels is because essentially it's about a relationship--the relationship between Jack and Stephen--and women enjoy books about relationships (like a good romance novel).

I also visited with a jeweler who specializes in nautical and piratical designs. I decided I wanted to reward myself for my overseas sales, and asked Bernie Reller to design a pirate ship for my charm bracelet. You can see examples of his work here, and he's expanding his pirate jewelry line.

If you're looking for the perfect accessory for the pirate, privateer or smuggler in your life, check out Reller Online.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!