I am such a history geek. I'd planned on spending yesterday curled up with the new Susan Elizabeth Phillips novel, Natural Born Charmer. Instead I picked up Six Frigates--The Epic History of the Founding of the U.S. Navy by Ian W. Toll and I couldn't put it down. I find this stuff fascinating, particularly the period of the early US Republic. So much hinged on a few brilliant individuals. Yes, I admit it, I'm probably the only teenage girl who had a crush on Alexander Hamilton. But I love history.

So eventually I'll get around to SEP, but in the meantime, they're about to launch the Constellation, so I'll see all of you later.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I liked Hamilton until I learned he was cheating on his wife and let himself get shot by Burr. :(
Yes, hubris will bring even the mightiest down. And while I don't favor men who cheat on their wives, I contrast, say, Richard Nixon with John F. Kennedy. One was known to cheat, one didn't. But I'm sure which one I'd rather have in charge.

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!