I listen to music while writing, but it has to be very specific types of music--anything with lyrics and I can't concentrate. What I like best is movie instrumental soundtracks and I'm especially fond of the music of Hans Zimmer and Klaus Badelt. I also listen to internet radio and have some of my own "stations" at Pandora, but I was especially pleased to have a friend recommend Live365.

She recommended their Highlander Radio, which I'm very much enjoying, but then I found Movie Sounds/Epics. Perfect! Now I've got a whole range of writing music available to me. I've got my own library of my disks that I've ripped (I'll soon have all three Pirates of the Caribbean soundtracks) and some variety from online services.

I love living in modern times.[g]

Comments

Tory said…
I didn't have a radio, and I thought I was going to have to go out and buy one. Then I discovered I could get my favorite radio station on the computer! Amazing isn't it?
Take care
Tory
Isn't it neat? I especially liked the range of offerings from this service. And I can also listen to my favorite local public radio station, WUFT FM (wuftfm.org) on my computer.
Beth said…
I like writing to movie soundtracks, too. They tend to be more emotional, and sometimes I need that. And there are some good TV series soundtracks, such as Firefly and Battlestar Galactica. The second season disc for BG has particularly evocative themes. I'm hoping they release one for The Tudors, which has a gorgeous soundtrack.
Thanks for the tip. I have both the Serenity and Firefly soundtracks, but I didn't know about the BG ones. I'll look for them. Live365 has another channel of just SF soundtracks and it's also good writing music.

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance