I was at the Alachua County Library District Foundation annual meeting tonight, and got our "State of the Foundation" and library report. Despite the revenue slashing at the state level, our library has not had to cut back on any services. Good management and prudent handling of money keeps us going.

However, we are having to delay some building projects, though the ones in the works sound very exciting. My local branch will be vastly expanded and have new features, like a children's playground outside and nature trails through the bordering woods.

I also brought two copies of Samt und Säbel to donate to the library. When I asked the library director if he would like my translated novel to add to his foreign language collection, he did some research and discovered they had no German novels in their collection. So I get to inaugurate the new German section with my hot pirate romances!

I was also approached about donating some of my books to our silent auction at the upcoming Foundation Author Gala, and I'm more than happy to do that. I try to help the public library in any way I can. Without services like Inter-Library Loan and the well trained reference librarians, my books wouldn't get written.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Haha. Someday, some innocent little German student totally new to the language will read your book.

S/he'll have her/his world rocked, yo.
Tee hee. Just think of all the exciting words s/he'll have to look up!

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!