Cropped screenshot of Errol Flynn from the tra...Image via WikipediaI did a talk today on Florida pirates titled "Pirates Prefer Prowling the Peninsula--Florida's Pirate History" for the Institute for Learning in Retirement. The ILR works with the University of Florida and their retirement community, Oak Hammock, arranging for presentations to the seniors who live in the Oak Hammock facility.

It was great having such an interested and lively audience, and I told them how much I enjoyed speaking to a "seasoned" group, where I didn't have to explain who Errol Flynn and Rafael Sabatini are. Some of the audience bought signed copies of my books afterwards. I picked up a request to to a speaking engagement next winter and they treated me to lunch, so it was a morning well spent.
Zemanta Pixie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance