{{Potd/2006-04-2 (en)}}Image via Wikipedia

My first year at Boskone I got snowed in. That wasn't so bad. I remember standing on the 15th floor of the Sheraton at the Pru, sipping single malts in a nice, warm hotel room with other refugees, knowing that the attached mall had everything a human being could want (other than a flight home).

However, it made me conscious of the risks of February travel in the NE. That's when you're likely to get the heavy, wet snowstorms that shut things down. I plan accordingly now. I pack overnight gear in my carry-on, and make sure that I don't have anything important scheduled the day after I'm supposed to be home. Just in case.

This year's weather report looks good though. Cold (by my standards), but no big storms in the forecast. And the cold is tolerable, as long as it's in the pluses and not the minuses.

Of course, now that I've blogged about it I've put a curse on it and I'll get snowed in.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!