Book Clubs

I had the privilege last week of speaking to "The Happy Bookers" book club, a group of local ladies who gather to, not surprisingly, discuss books. They'd picked Pirate's Price as their novel for this month's meeting, and it was fun to talk with them about the writing process, my work habits--or lack thereof--and the processes that go into my novels.

One of the ladies brought a rum punch made with a 200 year old recipe. The potion was deceptively smooth, and I knew after a few sips that much as I'd love to drink more, I'd have a hard time making the words come out ungarbled, much less drive home afterward.

One of the questions that evening, as usual, was who I would cast in the movies of my books. That's an idle pasttime I usually indulge after I've finished writing a novel. For The Bride and the Buccaneer I don't have a specific actor in mind to play Jack Burrell, though I'm leaning toward Ryan Reynolds. For Sophia Deford, I'm sorry, but all I can think of is the same "actor" who I thought of the entire time I was writing the book--Puss In Boots from Shrek 1.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!