"Julia blinked away the sudden moisture in her eyes.
'Oh, Mama, I wanted to be more like you. Bold and adventurous, not afraid of anything!'
Christine set her cup down with a click and stared at her daughter. 'My dear child, there is so much I am afraid of! Every mother has constant fears for her children's safety, and their happiness! But you were the daughter I dreamed of. You sparkled and shone. I would watch you at parties with all your friends, filling your dance card and laughing, and I was so proud of you and so happy for you. I did not want you to be like me when I was young, sitting on the sidelines watching the other girls have fun!'

--Smuggler's Bride

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers who worry and fret, and are proud and happy too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance