It's true what they say about bike riding.  You never forget how to fall off.  Fortunately, I also remembered how to ride a cruiser since it had been over 20 years since I was on a bicycle.

We were in Fernandina Beach/Amelia Island, Florida for a wedding this week. While my husband was golfing I borrowed a hotel bicycle and pedaled into historic downtown Fernandina.  I'd been there before, driving up to do research for The Bride and the Buccaneer, but it's always fun to visit again.  The ride was 4 miles there and back, and I'm pleased today that it all came back to me when I got on the bike though it took me a moment to remember to brake with the pedal rather than the non-existent handbrakes.

For those of you who have not yet read The Bride and the Buccaneer, Fernandina was a hotbed of piratical and smuggling activity, two themes near and dear to my heart.  They celebrate their pirate tradition with school nicknames, pirate themed eateries and shops, and annual events.  I also had the opportunity to drop in at Books Plus and arrange for a signing on July 10.  I'll have more details on that later, along with news about Sea Change.  Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance