Happy Birthday, USMC!

“I just want to keep you from trying anything suicidal. I seem to remember a cutter officer back in ’41 who walked into a tavern full of navy men in Key West, telling them they were nothing but ‘goatbuggering marines.’ It wasn’t the goat buggering that bothered them, they were sailors after all, but when you called them marines…”

--Smuggler's Bride

Unlike my characters in Smuggler's Bride, I've got nothing against the marines.  I want to take a moment to wish the USMC a happy birthday as they mark 236 years of fighting for the United States from the Halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli. Thank you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance