On the Road

I'm passing through NYC on my way to Boston, taking advantage of the wifi in my eldest son's apartment.  I say "apartment".  His living space is the size of my screen porch back in Florida.  But it's in a great location, and he loves living by himself for the first time.

I've got a train ride up to Boston for Boskone 49, and I expect to spend the time productively working on Castaway Dreams edits.  On the other hand, the clack of the train wheels has a soporific effect, so I may end up napping in the quiet car.  One of the things I love about work and travel now compared to 10 years ago is the availability of wifi and cloud storage for my work.  I used to have to take copies of my work on flash drives, and then make sure I transferred everything back to my machine at home.  Now I know when I finish here, and open my machine at home, it'll show the updated manuscript.  I love life in the 21st century.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance