Kids! Listen to your teachers! You do need this stuff later.

The WIP, [working title] The Hot Pirate's Secret Baby (though I think it'll end up titled The Pirate's Governess) is now at 66,000 words. Not far enough along, but it's getting there. Today I dashed off an email to the math teacher who assisted me with the notorious geometry scene in Castaway Dreams. It's been so long since I've dealt with eight-year-olds learning the basics of mathematics that I've forgotten in what order certain skills are taught. 

While I enjoy almost all the research I do for my novels, I must say that having my math skills refreshed has been an embarrassment and a positive experience. It's amazing what you forget when you don't use it, and having to re-examine the basics of arithmetic has done me a world of good.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance