Veterans Day





It was that simple. Men who two days earlier would have run each other through or blown each other to pieces, now were up on deck toasting each other’s countries with carefully rationed grog.
--Sea Change

When the wars are over, and the veterans return home, they want to pick up the pieces of their lives or begin new ones building on the training and experience they received from their time in the armed forces.

Today's the day I say thank you to my brothers, my father, and all the veterans I know who've served, past and present. I want to give a shout-out also to those who serve now, especially Jessica Scott, career US Army officer, chief hamster wrangler, and a damn fine romance author. If you're not reading her novels, you're missing out.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!