Welcome springtime!


I know the frozen north celebrates spring with the appearance of the first robin. For me, spring's little heralds are the hummingbirds. Two weeks ago I mixed some nectar and filled the feeding tubes. Then a week later, I cleaned out the untouched nectar and filled the tubes again. Today my patience was rewarded. When I was reading while lounging on the chaise on my porch I saw five hummingbirds come by to suck down nectar.

They're most active for the next two or three months, but I'll see a few all summer, and then come late September they'll head off for warmer climes. In the meantime though, welcome back little guys, it's good to have you buzzing by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance