Review--Ancillary Mercy (Imperial Radch. #3)

Ancillary Mercy (Imperial Radch, #3)Ancillary Mercy by Ann Leckie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wonderful, moving, deeply satisfying conclusion to one of the most imaginative SF trilogies published in recent years. It's definitely going to be on my ballot for Hugo Nominees. I'm in awe at Leckie's ability to craft such well rounded characters without gender identification. It made me think about the people involved in an entirely new fashion, a different way of considering characters than the classic Left Hand of Darkness, which showed everything through a male human's eyes. Here we just had Breq and "her" people, both on-station and aboard ship.

There were even moments of humor, and the scene with the Thousand Egg Song made me laugh.

I look forward to reading more from this talented, award-winning author in the future.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance