Review--Frisk Me (New York's Finest, #1)

Frisk Me (New York's Finest, #1)Frisk Me by Lauren Layne
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I liked the romance, but it was one of those situations where knowing the business under discussion made me itchy. Each time the heroine talked about her three hour feel-good special being her ticket to the anchor desk, it made me squirm.

The Superbowl gets three hours. Presidential inaugurations get three hours. Documentaries like "Making a Murderer" get three hours. But a piece on a heroic cop who saves a kid from drowning? Uh uh.

I was a TV news producer, radio news director and station owner in a different life. Now, if her piece had been a three hour expose of corruption, _that_ I'd believe, but puff pieces don't cut it. Aside from all of that, it was an entertaining story, but it didn't rock my world, and I just couldn't find that sweet spot where I could suspend my disbelief.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance