Review--Brotherhood in Death (In Death, #42)

Brotherhood in Death (In Death, #42)Brotherhood in Death by J.D. Robb
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am consumed by envy over Queen Nora's talent in keeping a series alive through 42 novels, each one carrying characters forward with zest and verve. I laughed aloud at some scenes in "Brotherhood", others made me wince, but it held my attention and kept me turning pages. The story is one all too familiar--men of power believing women are theirs for the taking, to be raped and abused without consequence. Eve Dallas stands ready to defend the dead, even when the murder victim is a complete piece of sh*t. The question of "What is justice?" is at the core of this tale, but we also have wonderful glimpses into Dennis Mira, a character who's always been on the sidelines.

Of course, new readers should start with the very first novel, Naked In Death, to get the full flavor of the series, but the fans won't be disappointed as old friends are brought onto the scene, and the team races the clock to prevent another gruesome homicide in future NYC.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!