Outlining The Book or Novel You Want to Write, a recap

Our program at the Writers Alliance of Gainesville (WAG) meeting was a great success (in my opinion), with an audience full of excellent questions. We each brought our own expertise to the discussion and I was happy to share some of what I've learned as a "pantser", a writer who goes with the organic flow rather than outline.
Even so, I still call on my journalism training at the beginning of each novel and ask the 5 W's: Who, What, When, Where, Why? These lead into Goal, Motivation and Conflict, and I recommended  Debra Dixon's excellent book for writers to the group. 

Next up is the Scribes of the Sunshine State program on Thursday night, and a presentation on women pirates in June. Whew! It's going to be a busy few weeks ahead, but I'm having fun getting out and about.

I'll have some of my Florida set novels at the Scribes program, including paper copies of The Bride and the Buccaneer, scheduled for re-release in June in electronic editions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance