Review--Thieving Weasels

Thieving WeaselsThieving Weasels by Billy   Taylor
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm conflicted about this novel because there were parts I enjoyed, the snappy writing in particular, and parts that bothered me. I wanted to root for the hero, who truly had a hellish childhood (and given the circumstances of the book, his family was doing its best to ensure a hellish adulthood), but his moral slides bothered me a lot, especially the casual thefts.

I think it will appeal to teenage boys, and that is what got it three stars instead of two. Any book that gets teenage boys reading gets a star, even when there are morally ambiguous protagonists.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!