Review--The Nonesuch

The NonesuchThe Nonesuch by Georgette Heyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Georgette Heyer is a comfort read for me. Of course, like almost all Regency era romance writers, I read her long ago and re-read her frequently. THE GRAND SOPHY, FARO'S DAUGHTER, THE DEVIL'S CUB, THE UNKNOWN AJAX--all are on my shelves, well-worn and much loved.

It's been decades since I read THE NONESUCH, and while there's still a great deal about it that appeals to me (older heroine, country setting, well-drawn secondary characters), I'd forgotten that the H&H "Black moment" was predicated on a big misunderstanding, one of my least favorite plot devices. Ah well, of course they work things out, and there's a lot of fun along the way, but that's why I gave this classic a 4 star instead of 5 star rating. Your reading mileage may vary.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!