My 2012 novel

My goal is to bring out a book every 12-18 months.  I'm going to set aside [working title] The Hot Pirate's Secret Baby for a few days and review my finished manuscript for Castaway Dreams. I'm also thinking of titling it Beauty and the Brain, so feel free to chime in with your opinion.

Imagine Gilligan's Island with just The Professor and Ginger, or The Admirable Crichton with only Crichton and Lady Mary.  Castaway Dreams is the tale of Alexander Murray (of Sea Change), retired RN surgeon and natural philosopher and Miss Daphne ("Daffy") Farnham, an heiress believed to have more hair than wit. There's also Miss Farnham's fluffy little lapdog, Pompom.  They're shipwrecked on a desert island and have to pull together to survive.  Here's a snippet:




            “There was a kitchen garden here, Doctor. It’s mostly gone wild now, but there are peas and corn, beans, and I think those are pumpkins.”
            “How do you know that?”
            “Hah!  I am not as ignorant as you think I am!”
            “You have no idea how ignorant I think you are, Miss Farnham.”
            She looked at him sharply, no doubt wondering if she’d been insulted.  Then she simply looked smug.
            “I am the one who explored and found us shelter.  I located the food and water.  Perhaps I should be in charge, Dr. Murray, not you!  After all, it was different when you were elderly.  I was willing to listen to you then.  Now, maybe you should listen to me.”
            “That statement is so ridiculous as to not deserve a response.”
            “If we were in France, principles of equality and fraternity and liberty would apply.”
            “If we were in France, I would send you to the guillotine.  Might makes right, Miss Farnham.”
***

So my plan for 2012 is to whip Castaway Dreams into shape and submit it for publication.  More on this as it develops.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance