Cleaning up a manuscript

My readthrough of Castaway Dreams is going well, but it always worries me when I'm satisfied with my writing.  I changed the font for this pass to catch any stray typos and it's amazing what a difference that makes. In fact, I once read that changing the font to Comic Sans is best for this task.  I tried that, but it was too annoying and I switched to Arial instead (I write in Times Roman).

I also pared down a few sentences, and tweaked a couple scenes.  Setting a manuscript aside for a few weeks, or a few months, helps bring a fresh perspective to it.

Another writer posted a picture of an unshaven, scruffy looking Colin Firth and I saved it to my "Castaway Dreams" file.  When I fill out the artist information form for the cover, I think I'll say "This is what my hero, Alexander Murray, looks like."  At least, that's how he looks in my mind.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!