Review--Steel's Edge


Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4)Steel's Edge by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've really enjoyed the Edge series by the writing team "Ilona Andrews". I was sorry to see the authors' note that this is the last Edge novel they're planning to write, because I think they've done some excellent world-building.

The final Edge book is about Charlotte, a Healer in the Weird, the magical land that borders our mundane world. Charlotte witnesses a slaver attack that rocks her world and changes what it means to be someone who will "do no harm" with her healing skills. She also meets Richard, an agent of the Weird whose mission it is to destroy slavers and their illicit operations.

All of our old friends from the Edge are back, including two of my favorite characters, the young brothers Jack and George. The writing is crisp and evocative and the story is engrossing. Fans of the series will enjoy it, and if you're new to the Edge, I recommend starting with On the Edge, book #1.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance