Review--In Want of a Wife

In Want of a WifeIn Want of a Wife by Jo Goodman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Jo Goodman is on my shortlist of best authors writing western historical romance. Each book of hers that I read convinces me of this, and In Want of A Wife is definitely a keeper.

Morgan Longstreet and Jane Middlebourne are the kind of quiet characters who make a huge impression on a reader. Their love story unfolds in a rational and mature fashion as they get to know one another, despite their unromantic beginnings when Morgan sends for Jane as a mail order bride.

The drama at the end builds beautifully, and the secondary characters (many of whom are familiar from other Goodman westerns) add to the richness of the story.

I'd give this 4.5 stars if Goodreads offered that option.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance