Walk your way into a novel

One of the questions I'm asked most often is, "What do you do when you're writing, and you get stuck?"

The answer is simple. I take a walk.

Each day I try to fit a two mile walk into my routine. I don't listen to music or chat on the phone. I do carry a small notepad and pen with me, because the walking helps churn ideas and create new dialogue. Now a new study supports what I've known for years: walking helps keep your creative juices flowing.

We've known for years that walking is good exercise for your body, now we have confirmation that it's good for your mind and your creative soul as well.

So what are you waiting for? Push yourself away from the screen, lace up your shoes and get out there! Who knows? You might have pirates lurking in your unconscious, just waiting for a little creative opportunity to be unleashed from your mind and onto the page.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance