Two steps forward, one step back

Today was a horrible writing day. I had excellent intentions, but my brain felt like tapioca, and nothing was working. I did get about 1,000 words ahead in Mattie's Story, the WIP that's a follow-up to The Pirate's Secret Baby, but it wasn't nearly as productive as I'd hoped it would be.

Then I went for a walk this afternoon. Somewhere in the daily two mile constitutional, my brain kicked into gear, and suddenly I had an important piece of Mattie's backstory. Of course I had my small notepad and pen with me, so I paused to make notes (which I just put in the computer) and resumed walking.

Now I have a great starting point for tomorrow's work and more importantly, I feel psychologically recharged!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance