Why Book #4 isn't done yet

I was thinking about this during a discussion over at Compuserve's Books and Writers Forum, and other than sheer laziness, I'm sure a small part of it is fear. I'm about 2/3 through the first draft, but it's a slog. One of the things I miss is my innocence. Back when I was writing Pirate's Price I didn't know how badly I could screw up my writing, so I just wrote. Now I wrestle with demons while writing because I know more about the craft than I did three books ago.

But I'm hanging in there. I know when I finish the first draft it will be a lot easier. I love revisions, because I'm working with a framework, whereas with the first draft I feel like I'm flying through the air without a net.

An extremely mixed metaphor, but I rather like it.

Happy New Year, one and all. Here's to more writing and great reading in 2007!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance