Portrait of an elderly John Adams by Gilbert Stuart (1823).Image via WikipediaThe Blurb I Want on My Next Book...

...would be from John Adams. Yes, that John Adams. I'm reading Cokie Roberts' Ladies of Liberty (highly recommended) and ran across a line today that made me grin real hard:

"But they didn't lead a retired life...John Adams, so accustomed to having Abigail run everything, took to reading romance novels, much to his wife's amazement, and continued to rely on her to manage their finances."

I'd love to know what he was reading! Dang, I knew I liked the Federalists, and this is just another reason why.
Zemanta Pixie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance