First things first--thank you to all of you who asked about Yofi. She is doing better, though some days are easier than others. At least she's walking again, and that's a huge relief.

Second, I've just booked my flight for Boskone 46. As usual, I'm flying into NYC to visit with my son and then taking the Acela up to Boston. I've become quite fond of train travel since I started making this trip some three years back. I hope I'll see some of you there, and as always, I hope I don't get snowed in. The best part about traveling to Boston/NYC in February is having a return ticket that says "Florida".

In the meantime, work continues on Castaway Dreams. Here's the last paragraph I typed this morning, a conversation between the H&H. He was a secondary character in my as yet unpublished Sea Change, and I wanted to give him his own opportunity to shine:

“I have not had many dealings with young ladies, Miss Farnham. I can tell you that all the women I do know have been, in one fashion or another, useful.” He thought back to a certain young woman who had run off with an American pirate and added, “Some are extremely useful, and competent in a crisis, and yes, that is how I judge people.”
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance