The sun came out midway through my walk this afternoon, which was a delight, as was the walk itself.  I worked out a couple sticky plot points for (working title) The Hot Pirate's Secret Baby, realized I needed a name change for one of the characters (thank you, "find & replace") and for the first time felt like I was into the rhythm of my newest work in progress. 

I often get mental breakthroughs on my daily walk, but this was the first time the WIP and its plot was foremost in my mind.  I can't force it.  I've tried that and it doesn't work for me, but when I realize that it's happening and the creative brain synapses are firing, it's a good feeling.  I returned to the work this afternoon with a renewed sense of commitment, and some excitement at seeing the characters taking shape. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance