Life and stuff (and a book review)

Like most readers I worry obsessively about my vision, so I had to run to the ophthalmologist this morning to have an issue examined that doesn't appear to be severe, yet bears watching (heh).  However, the dilation and poking around at my eyes meant I couldn't put in my contacts, which meant I couldn't see the computer comfortably enough in my glasses to get any work done.  Instead, I used the down-time to finish reading a fantasy novel:
Passion Play (River of Souls, #1)Passion Play by Beth Bernobich
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lovely novel with an out-of-the-ordinary love story at the heart. The characters and world building made the story flow, and the heroine's journey was told in a realistic and intelligent fashion.


I'm really looking forward to the next book in this series!


View all my reviews

My dilation's nearly worn off, the contacts are back in, and life's more or less normal again.  Whew!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!