Review--River of Stars


River of StarsRiver of Stars by Guy Gavriel Kay
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Best epic fantasy I've read in years, and one of Guy Gavriel Kay's best novels.  I hadn't read G.G. Kay for a while but the reviews of River of Stars were so glowing that I gave this one a try, and it was a good choice.

River is set in Kitai, a fantasy China, and as so many Kay novels do, deals with personal honor pitted against politics and corruption. There's also a love story woven through it, amazing world building, exquisite plotting and an ending that kept me turning pages late into the night. I debated between four and five stars, and finally went with five because I'm still thinking about the intricate details of River now that I've closed the covers, and that's a sign this book will be on my "keeper" shelf.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

Happy #LaborDay!

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance