THE PIRATE'S SECRET BABY is a winner!

The New England Chapter of RWA presented the Readers' Choice Award to The Pirate's Secret Baby at its conference this past weekend. I was thrilled to receive word of the award, and humbled when I saw the finalists, all excellent novels from top writers.

It's recharged my writing batteries and I'm back at work on the follow-up tale. I realized this week that I needed to go back and steer my characters in a slightly different direction, ramping up the conflict. However, even though this re-writing puts me behind schedule, it's a lot easier to change what I've got than start fresh. One of my favorite writing quotes is, "You can fix anything but a blank page."

For this morning though, I'm basking in the love my pirates received. I'm so happy that readers enjoyed my tale of pirates, puppies, precocious poppets and a befuddled governess. Thank you all for your support!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have permission to waltz?

It's Tu B'Av! Party like it's 5783, or Celebrating the Jewish Day of Romance

Happy #LaborDay!